Mcgrady promises to probe beerwah complaints after taking down Twitter

Mcgrady promises to probe beerwah complaints after taking down Twitter

Updated

Federal Labor Minister Scott Morrison has backed a new policy on social media to protect people from getting into trouble for being a bit rude on social media.

Speaking to ABC radio on Wednesday, he said those posting crude content would be reported if it could be proved there was malicious intent on their part.

But Mr Morrison defended using Twitter, saying «if they’re the only person who’s doing it and it’s not directed from me, I’ll tweet about it on Twitter».

The announcement is a response to an international outcry about the growing am로투스 홀짝ount of crude material that gets passed on social media.

Senator Morrison, who has also been embroiled in a grudge match with social media mogul Mr Shazad Butt over Twitter, said he would seek a meeting with Twitter and Facebook to discuss the matter.

«For the better part of the year, Twitter has gone from being our No. 1 source of news to being our source of trouble,» he said.

«So why do we have to be the only source of problems?»

Senator Morrison has been one of many politicians who have accused the Internet giant of facilitating racist and pornographic content, using it to spread lies and encourage abuse.

Mr Butt has also been hit with an attack on Twitter and Facebook which has been condemned by the group.

In the letter sent to Prime Minister Tony Abbott and Attorney-General George Brandis, Mr Morrison said social media was «a safe haven for all that want to cause harm».

He cited examples such as anti-gay hate speech posted on one of his Facebook pages and offensive language and images po청주출장마사지sted on an account that he said had been hacked.

The letter also accused the online services of «a significant number of their users engaging in illegal activities that can damage their social med일산출장샵 일산출장안마ia, including by hacking into another person’s or company’s computer and posting offensive content».

But the letter did not refer to social media use.

It comes after the Federal Court in September granted a full suppression order in a case brought by former TV presenter Andrew Bolt, challenging the use of a Twitter account.

Topics: australia

First posted